3/19/09

Preparation For The Great Indoorsman

I happen to think that this coming summer is gonna be rough. As such, I am continuing my preparations viz keeping my family fed, clothed, sheltered, cool, and safe.

Many of us are not "survivalist" types. I'm certainly not. A day outdoors for me is usually spent watching a high school baseball game whilst relaxing in a lawn chair and sipping on some iced coffee. I don't hike. I CERTAINLY don't camp. Why the hell would I sleep in a tent when a warm bed beckons?? I HATE mosquitoes. I'm afraid of bears. So, my preparations are geared toward trying, on some level, to honestly approach the task in admitting my non-outdoorsmen nature.

Peacenik was going to photoshop Peacenik's face onto the picture that the above link will take you to. But Peacenik doesn't have photoshop software. Peacenik has periodically posted articles that can help you in the coming chaos. This post is for the non-survivalist. Interesting what Dan W. thinks is important. Peacenik will review his supplies after reading this article. Peacenik may have to stock up on smokes. And Peacenik doesn't even smoke!