3/20/09

Doomer Dinner Party - Challenge

One of my friends recently joked that we should have a Doomer Dinner Party - a meal made only of our preserved foods, food storage, and what is currently growing in the garden. Food storage + party? = a great idea in my book! Of course, in the spirit of Transition Towns it should probably have some sort of upbeat, positive name - like New Opportunities Dinner Party or Support Local Food Dinner Party, but I think Doomer Dinner Party is catchy and funny, so I'll stick with that name.

This is basically a variation on the theme of "Prep Practice", when a family shuts off the breakers and pretends no gas is available... but with guests. I think it would be fun to get together and have some peak chat, swap recipes and discuss how we can help each other and our community. I want to do it!

Read on...

By golly does this sound like fun or what? Peacenik is going to start studying, and practising and planning. Peacenik has a wide window cell that gets lots of sun. Peacenik is going to plant some food. If Peacenik ever gets invited to a Doomer Dinner Party, Peacenik will be prepared. Now if only Peacenik knew some doomers. Have a good weekend.