5/6/08

An Open Letter to Michael Moore: Why Didn't You Say It?

By PAUL KRASSNER

www.counterpunch.org

Dear Michael,

I was slightly stunned at the irony of this paragraph in your endorsement of Barack Obama:

"Finally, I want to say a word about the basic decency I have seen in Mr. Obama. Mrs. Clinton continues to throw the Rev. Wright up in his face as part of her mission to keep stoking the fears of White America. Every time she does this I shout at the TV, 'Say it, Obama! Say that when she and her husband were having marital difficulties regarding Monica Lewinsky, who did she and Bill bring to the White House for "spiritual counseling?" THE REVEREND JEREMIAH WRIGHT!'"


I am at a loss to understand why you wanted Obama to say that, and yet YOU didn't take the opportunity to mention it yourself on Larry King Live when he gave you a perfect opening. In fact, I shouted at my TV set, "Say it, Michael, say it now!"

punditman says...Good point! And gee willikers...I learn something new about the corruption and dishonesty of Hilary Clinton everyday!